Maulwi Ashraf Ali Thanwi and waseela


Maulwi Ashraf Ali Thanwi writes:
"Seeking assistance from other than Allah عزوجل (Istiaanat and Istimdaad) made with the belief that the person (to whom it was made) has knowledge, power and is mustaqil (permanent) is polytheism. If help was asked without the belief of knowledge and power and the person asked is believed to be non-permanent (Ghair-Mustaqil), with his knowledge and power having been proven through a proof, then this is allowed, irrespective of whether the person beseeched is alive or has passed away." 
-lmdaadul-Fataawa, Vol. 4, Pg.99

He has decided that asking for help (istimdaad) made to the creation is permissible with the acceptance that he has non-permanent power, even if help is asked from a person who has passed away. 

Maulwi Ashraf Ali Thanwi has translated the Arabic verses of Shiamul-Habeea and named it Shiamut-Teeb in the end of his book, Nashrut-Teeb. In it, he passionately asks for help from the Holy Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم. The verses now follow:
"O My Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم me, as only you are my guardian in difficulties.6.40


Besides you, who is my refuge? The armies of rampage have overpowered

me. 6.41


O Son of Abdullab! This world is against me. O My Masterعزوجل! Attend to

me. 6.42"

- Ashraf Ali Thanwi, Nashrut-Teeb, Pg. 145